Three Main Reasons You’re Not Losing Weight and Ways to Help Before the Holidays
- You have a lot of stress in your life. Stress does not allow you to digest food properly. If you are having emotional, physical, spiritual, or financial stress, these can all prevent you from taking care of your daily needs like watching your diet and being able to exercise.
- Food sensitivities that you are not aware of. Food sensitivities cause inflammation in the body, which can lead to weight gain, constipation, bloating, low energy, headaches, loss of libido, and mental fogginess. If you test yourself for a week or two and eliminate these foods in your diet, you may start to feel better, your symptoms resolve, and you can start losing weight.
Some trigger foods to eliminate for a week or two:
If you decide to introduce those food groups after 2 weeks and discover that your symptoms return, then you may understand your food sensitivities and you can discuss this with a professional.
- You’re not enjoying your life and following your passions. A lot of people are not satisfied with their current jobs or their relationships that have developed. Your body needs a balance of satisfaction at work and life, and of course, eating healthy food is a huge priority.
It is best to tackle one of these 3 items and see results before you go to the next.
- Identify the stressors in your life and try to control it with relaxation methods, yoga, therapy, etc.
- Create a detox diet program with support and guidance of a professional.
- Start to examine what makes you happy and begin a plan to gain clarity and happiness in your life. You can start an exercise program, good healthy diet, or just go outside for a walk alone or with friends.